Since the onset of COVID-19, the PHO has issued orders, notices and guidance to help mitigate its spread. We now have a bit more relaxed restrictions in place. They are as follows:
1) are prohibited from operating PS Vehicles between 1am and 6am, except for maintenance, fueling or a related purpose.
2) can operate between 6am and 1am only for the following purposes:
a. maintenance, fueling or related purposes; or
b. transporting up to six passengers
Note: “Transporting passengers” does not include conveying a passenger for the purpose of social interaction, or another type of event in a PS Vehicle.
Failure to comply with this order may result in fines. A violation ticket of $2,300 can be issued to vehicle operators while each passenger attending a party in a PS Vehicle can receive a fine of $230.
In addition, PS Vehicle operators must ensure that passengers wear face coverings. The face covering must cover the passenger’s mouth and nose. Exceptions to this rule include:
• People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one;
• People who cannot remove a mask on their own;
• People who are speaking to someone who is hearing impaired;
• Children under the age of 12; and
• If the mask must be removed for identification purposes.